At Booth Counseling Services, we help adults 21 and above who experience:
- Persistent Worry
- Trauma-related stress reactions
- Life Stage Transitions
We offer both:
- 1:1 Therapy
- Marital Therapy
Therapeutic Interventions we use include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Eclectic Therapies
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing)
We offer access to a therpay session via the secure HIPPA and HITECH compliant platform, Doxy.me for access to a therapy session on the go or when homebound.
A computer with good internet speed, video and audio are required.
No downloads are required. Works automatically in the most popular browsers.
Doxy.me mobile apps available that support iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Care Network
United Health Care
Life can hurt…
We can help.
Here at Booth Counseling, we believe that the Power to Choose is the greatest personal power we have. It must be exercised in order for us to experience the best that life has to offer, and to be liberated from distorted beliefs, and burdens that are not ours to carry.
We have been in the counseling business since 1998. Let us share that experience with you.
Elaine Booth, LMSW, is a native of Michigan, and Owner and Clinical Therapist at Booth Counseling Services, P.C. She earned her degrees in Social Work from Michigan State University and Wayne State University. She has held positions as Executive Director of a non-profit organization; the Social Work Director, and a Consultant in long-term care and sub-acute rehabilitation facilities; a Clinical Social Worker in both inpatient and outpatient mental health settings; and now, as owner and therapist at Booth Counseling Services, P.C., she provides outpatient mental health services to the community.
More About Elaine
- Owner and Clinical therapist at Booth Counseling Services since 2013
- EMDR Trained Clinician (emdria.org)
- Gottman Method Trained Clinician (gottman.com)
- Over 20 years experience in various healthcare settings:
- In-Patient hospital
- Out-Patient Clinics
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Sub-Acute Care Facilities
- She has developed and conducted many workshops
- She has facilitated group therapy
She has developed student internship programs for both Bachelor Social Work students from Marygrove College, and Master Social Work students from Wayne State University.